Saturday, July 18, 2009

A day at the beach



So much has gone on since I have posted last - let me catch up with everything.

We found out we are having a GIRL!!! Casey Lynn JoAnne Comarsh is due on December 7th. We are trying to prep Cayden in being a big brother. Sometimes he is excited & other times he acts like he doesn't care. He already points to the crib & says "Baby Casey's bed" - It's really cute!

Back in June, my friend Shannon was visiting from Arizona. She brought her daughter Gianna - Cayden hasn't seen her since June 2007 when they were both 3 months old (he is older by a couple of weeks). Her husband was in England with the reserves, so she came to visit his family & her friends. It was so nice seeing them. I took a day off work & we went to play at Vasona park. The kids acted like they were best friends as soon as they saw eachother, it was very endearing. They wanted to hold hands off the bat. They fed the ducks, ran in the grass & played at the park forever! He misses Gianna now when he see's her picture. I think they will be great friends during their lifetime.

On another good note - my mom got her recommend restored!!! I am so happy. I feel like I have someone I can just call & say "ok, lets go to the Temple Saturday morning". We went last saturday & did lots of initiatories. I didn't want to do a session because being prego I have to pee so much! Maybe I'll do one session before Casey Lynn comes.

We had so much fun today & it's not even over yet. Corey wanted to take Cayden to the beach. Cayden has been asking to go to the ocean ever since our Pismo Beach trip in June. We parked at the wharf & walked to Neptunes Kindgdom. Played some games & walked along the beach. Can't forget to add that I got some salt water taffy at Marini's. It's kind of a tradition. Anytime we go to the boardwalk we have to get some salt water taffy. It's the best. We saw some sea lions playing rather close to the shore. Cayden wanted up at that time so he didn't get his feet wet! Can you believe that. He couldn't wait to get to the beach to play in the sand & now he doesn't want to get his feet wet! Oh well. He ended up walking with us & getting a little wet. He likes to dig his toes in the sand. We walked the wharf & ate at Corey's favorite place to go - Reva's. Too much food, but it was good. Cayden watched the sea lions sleep & play on the boat docks. He was barking at them, trying to make their sound. It was really cute.

No comments: