Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday 09-27-08


I want to start writing this blog just so I can keep things down, like a journal. I have never been very good about keeping a journal. I also wanted to start writing so my best friend & I can stay in touch more, even if we don't have time to chat on the phone for hours. So here it goes...



When I was in high school, I played on the church volleyball & basketball teams. I really wasn't very good, but it was fun. Our coach was newly married & she was so much fun. I saw her after I graduated a few times, but I haven't seen her in years. I always wondered what she was up to.

So, I am in a new ward, well I have been there almost a year now & am making new friends. One of them is Heather & she had a "Modesty clothing" get together at her house. Her childhood friend designs Modesty clothing http://www.mollysclothing.com/. This childhood friend just happens to be my coach from high school Jaime Stephens. I love her. It was nice catching up with her & chatting away with the other sisters. I learned a lot about going to the temple... I'm kinda curious as to why my mom hasn't mentioned some of the things I learned.

There are so many kind hearted people I have met in my new ward. I was worried when I first started going there last December, ya know, being married to a "non-member" and I had a child. I was always wondering what others were thinking about me. I know... that isn't something I should worry about, but I did. I thought people would think I was a single mom or divorced or even never married. I never felt like people were thinking that stuff of me. I was called into Relief Society as a music leader. Most people who know me, know I can't carry a tune, let alone hear beats in music. So here I am standing in front of strangers (to me at the time) & waving my arm around looking like an idiot. Oh well... I still haven't mastered it, but I am a little more comfortable up there.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Saw you following my blog, so I came by to say hi... what a small world, that is so great you caught up with your coach... leave me a comment any time, I love comments! Wendy

Anita said...

hey, my other lovely daughter, good to hear from you. Love you and am happy to hear that your happy. I love you so much and happy that your actively involved in church. And is that Jamie Stephens from our old ward when we lived there? If so would you give her my information, I was sorry to fall out of touch with friends from Cali.
Love you

Unknown said...

Tag! You're it. Check out my blog to find out what's next. :)

Anita said...

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you're doing okay. I know you are a busy working mom.
check out my new blog...

love you