Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Time




I love this time of year, the chill in the air, the smell of pine trees & pumpkin pie, the overall feeling that people really do care about eachother. I noticed it comes out more this time of year. To know that God gave his only begotten son to be brought up by Mary & Joseph, to teach & preach the gospel to all those who would listen & finally to have him die upon the cross at Calvary. I feel so blessed to know about the gospel & to know about the plan of salvation & the fact that we are here for a purpose & not just to live our lives, to brighten up other lives as well. What a sacrifice that was for God. I can't even imagine knowing as I was raising my son, that he would eventually suffer an extremely humiliating & painful death. My heart would break every day that I would look into his eyes. I am so greatful to have the family proclamation framed & in my living room where I can look upon it daily & just feel reassured with life.

Now, onto Cayden & his Christmas. Given the economy, Corey & I didn't go all out like last year, but it didn't phase him. He still made out like a bandit. I got him a few books from the Beehive bookstore & some clothes. Santa brought him this really big monster truck with legos, a bosch drill, a leave blower & some PJ's. (the P.J's were a tradition in my family, we always got the feety pj's from santa). And of course our families spoiled Cayden. Next year, I think I would like to start of with a tradition that we will get him only 3 gifts & he can get some from Santa too. I just want him to remember what Christmas is all about, not just the presents, but the fact that we are celebrating Christs birthday. Christ received 3 gifts from the wisemen & Cayden (and our other children when time comes) will too. I want him to have an appreciation for the non-material things in life.

It's official, I have my recommend & should be going to the Temple for the fist time in January. I need to make my appointment. I am just so excited. I want to be that example that Cayden needs & I want to fulfill what I am to do here in this lifetime.

5 comments:

Peter and Amber said...

I am so happy for you that you got your recommend! That's so exciting! Hopefully I'll be able to get mine soon and we can go to the temple together!

Comarsh Crew said...

That would be fun. We can make monthly trips up there!

Anita said...

I am overjoyed for you. Can you be overjoyed? I don't know??? But whatever this feeling, I am sooooo happy for you. You are such an example to your family and friends. I love you so much. I am so happy to see that you had such a nice Christmas.

Anita said...

love your new header photo. Are those your cute feet?

Comarsh Crew said...

Why thank you. Yes they are my feet before I was pregnant, hehehe...