Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Adjusting to having 2 kids

So 2009 left with a bang! We had a great year. Having our daughter at the end was the highlight. I was lucky to have Corey stay home with us for a while & then my mom, his mom & my sister Karen helped out. When it was finally time for all my helpers to go back to work I was terrified. How was I going to keep my Cayden busy while taking care of a newborn. Casey didn't latch on (like her big brother) so I pump & feed. Every 3 hours I need to pump for 15 minutes & feed her which usually takes 15-30 minutes. Cayden is so active & I was nervous on how I was going to keep him busy while I was busy with Casey. He gets very rambunctious (spelling?) when he is not getting the attention. We had our cats running for their lives while the "monster" or "vampire" chased them. He would look at me & through something across the room, of course only when I was pumping so I couldn't get up. So 5 weeks into having a new sister he is starting to calm down. I realized movies & Caillou are a great distraction. He has never watched so much tv/movies ever. I realized I can't feel guilty about it because it won't last forever. Pretty soon we will be able to do more activities. Thank goodness for play group on Thursdays!





4 comments:

Lisa said...

She is beautiful!!! She seems older than 5 weeks.

Britney said...

TV and movies are your BEST friend right now! Just relax and enjoy the one on one time with your babe, Kaiden will never know or remember all the TV he has needed to watch :)

Wunda Girl said...

I can't believe how old she is already! What a beautiful smile she has... Great photo.

Sara said...

Casey is just adorable!! No worries about TV. My kids have also have had to learn to entertain themselves while I was nursing or trying to get the baby to sleep. Or set them up with a new activity right before you need to pump. That has helped. You're doing great!!!