Monday, March 8, 2010

Families Can Be Together Forever


Today my Grandmother passed away at 9:15am. Her body has been giving out on her for a while now & it was her time. I know my Grandfather was on the other side of the veil welcoming her with open arms. I'm sure he also had a great big kiss waiting for her too because he has been gone for 28 years. That is a long time to be without your best friend & eternal companion! She was 92 years old. I am so glad she got to meet Casey before passing.
Even though I know we are all sealed together, it is very hard to know that I will never see her again or listen to her stories. I am so blessed that I was off of work last week so I can spend more time with her while she was in hospice care at my cousins home. The last thing I read to her was the story of her life, at least just the first part up until she married my Grandfather. She loved hearing me read it to her. She also loved having her family around. I'm so glad I was able to have Cayden & Casey spend time with her before she passed.

She was the Grand Matriarch of our family, the glue that held us together.
She lived the gospel, breathed the gospel & taught her family the gospel. She was a great example to all of us. I will surely miss her. Until we meet again on the other side of the veil. I love you Grandma!

Her funeral will be this Friday, March 12th, 11am at the Rose Bldg in Los Gatos. She will have a viewing Thursday night. Still not sure where though.

I have a family here on earth
They are so good to me
I want to share my life with them through all eternity
Families can be together forever
Through Heavenly Father's plan
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown us how we can
The Lord, has shown us how we can

2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Sorry to hear of your loss - glad to know (as you do) of the Lord's plan of happiness for us all...love you.

Britney said...

Oh Jamie...I'm SO sorry to hear about your grandma. Such a hard time.

My grandpa too is on the outs...only a matter of time before he transitions to the other side. I'm sad because I won't be able to go to his funeral (because of baby).