Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Retreat






I'm so excited. Corey's mom Mary & I are going on a girls weekend getaway to Sycamore Springs Mineral Resort (http://www.sycamoresprings.com/). I can definitely use a little time away to focus on myself. I already have some of our time planned out. Here is our itinerary:


Friday


12:30pm leave


3-330Arrive at the resort


430-530p yoga class


dinner at the warf after yoga


relax in our private mineral springs hot tub on our enclosed deck




Saturday


830-930 Pilates class


945-1045 Tai Chi class


relax in the hot tub for a while


go to lunch somewhere & explore Avila Beach


go hiking and walk around the resort


hang out in our room & read & relax in the hot tub


430-530 yoga class


6pm dinner reservations at The Gardens of Avila - organic foods - yummy


715pm soak in the spa's private mineral hot tub before our massage


8-9 swedish massage


relax & read until I fall asleep




Sunday


830-930 yoga class


11am depart back to the real world




I can't wait. I am going to miss my little guy so much though. I have never gone on a vacation with out Corey, so this will be kinda nice. He always goes camping or on fishing trips from 1-5 nights multiple times per year. It will be nice to see how he handles Cayden one on one for 2 nights & 1 full day.


I think he will grow a new appreciation for me and what I do as a wife & mother. I will also appreciate him more as a hands on father. He is already very good with Cayden.




I need to make sure I bring my scriptures since I will have plenty of time to read them with out being interrupted or with only 5 minutes until Corey wants the light off. I also have plenty of Ensigns & OK magazines to read.


3 comments:

Peter and Amber said...

That sounds like a blast! Enjoy your weekend!

Anita said...

It sounds like "Heaven" enjoy for me too. I would love a weekend like that with me and my girls. Sounds like you are in for a lovely treat, enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

Sounds SO MUCH FUN!! bet you had the best time.